Some Area Gas Stations
See larger photo HERE
TODAY .... The Courthouse Annex
Remember this station?
1666 Washington Street West, right across from Charleston Dept. Store
Hills, on Bigley Ave at the mouth of Magazine Hollow
Bean's Service Station
Beans Service Station on the corner of Virginia St. W and Ohio Ave. That's Walter Bean with the drum.
Thaxton's on West Washington Street.
Jim Harless & General Thaxton on the right at the Shell Station he operated, which was known as Stonewall Station. They became partners in 1965, and opened an Esso Station in 1968 nearby.
(Photo courtesy of Nancy Williams)
Here's a beauty...
At the corner of Pfaff St.(Ordnance Park) and RT. 60 in St. Albans where the Parkway Supermarket was. This station is sporting a somewhat rare neon Esso sign. That's MacCorkle Ave on the right. See a very large photo HERE.
Esso Station Photos courtesy of Jason Griffith