Jesse Frank Nally (Nalli) arrived
in the U.S. in the late 1890s. He was born near Rome Italy in 1872.
He was a stone mason, a bridge builder, made tunnels for
the coal mines and he was a landlord. In 1909 he opened a Bar
on Kanawha Street. (Kanawha Blvd at the Corner of Laidley Street.)
He and his wife Ena Ola Walker,
born 1884 and growing up in Clendinin, lived in an apartment
over the Bar until 1923. They then moved to Brooks Street.
They had 12 children, 9 growing to adulthood. Most of
their children were educated at Sacred Heart/CCHS. Two of their
sons became Franciscan Priests. Jesse and Ena had 26 grandchildren.
Five of them grew up in St Albans and also graduated from CCHS. Ena
died in 1946 and Jesse died in 1951. They are buried in the
Nally plot in Mount Olivet Cemetery, which is part of the Spring
Hill Cemetery in Charleston.